Thursday, January 28, 2016

Under the Dome


Under the Dome- Stephen King

I am an AVID Stephen King fan, I am HUGE! I LOVE him, it is my biggest dream to meet a few people in my life: Stephen King, David Bowie, Ewan McGregor, and Tim Curry.  If anyone reading this knows any of these people or have connection, send them my way! I mean there are other people in the world I wouldn’t mind meeting but these four people are my “that would make my life complete” people. Anyway back to the point. The last book I read by Mr. King was Under the Dome and again I loved it. This book covers the story line of a little town in Maine and what happens to them when a giant dome is placed along their county line marker. When good people are tossed into a situation where you cannot leave and the true nature of humanity is under the microscope. The main reason why I enjoy Mr. King’s work so much is that he has a way of making you feel as if this could actually happen. Primarily, I find his descriptions and dialogue easy to follow and entertaining. I know his works are labeled as “Commercial Fiction” but I do not feel this means it is not a good read. This book in particular is a great read. The book itself is ginormous, it is at least 3 if not 4 inches thick (hardcover). It has a cast list of characters in the front, I suppose for if you get confused. The book covers everyone in the town and much like Fish’s work it jumps from perspectives which keeps the book lively and you never truly know what is going to happen. Like much of Mr. King’s works this one is not for children. In fact when the girls asked me about the book as I had it with me I explained what the book was about by drawing a comparison to if I locked them in a room together and only gave them one thing to eat, they love each other but after 3 months together in a tiny room they might start to act out against each other and that is sort of what the book is about, how people react when they are put in a bad situation. Then I told them it wasn’t for kids and when they asked me how old they would have to be to read it, I told them never, they would never be old enough. :-P However if you are looking for a nice long read that is well worth the time, the Under the Dome is for you! Got a lot of time to kill in the waiting room, this is a great book to bring! 
Greatest Part of this book: One of the main characters has the EXACT same cancer as  I had, it is kind of fun to see how I could have turned out if I had just had headaches and still lived in a small town where they diagnosed me with Migraines!  Hehehehe! 
Advice for readers: It is Stephen King, I shouldn’t need to say more but just in case, he is graphic, he is descriptive and he will make you cringe, be prepared for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment