Thursday, January 28, 2016

Trying to Read the Top 100 Banned Books leaves me with the following 50 left!



Banned Book List Progress

I started this in 2014 and I have since re read the Harry Potter series every single year (a tradition I have maintained since 2008.) 

This is where I will update my progress. Plus as I finished I will post a review of each book. Since I have four already finished, I will post an abridged review for all four books but since it will not be accurate or helpful I will combine them. It will be too hard to remember how I felt about each one since they are so far in the past. I hope that my combines review I do tomorrow will still help me in the long run. 


1. The Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger-Finished-5-15-2015
2. The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck
3. The Color Purple, by Alice Walker
4. Ulysses, by James Joyce- Finshed 04-26-2014
5. Beloved, by Toni Morrison
6. Lolita, by Vladmir Nabokov
7. Catch-22, by Joseph Heller
8. Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
9. The Sun Also Rises, by Ernest Hemingway
10. As I Lay Dying, by William Faulkner
11. A Farewell to Arms, by Ernest Hemingway
12. Their Eyes Were Watching God, by Zora Neale Hurston
13. Song of Solomon, by Toni Morrison
14. Gone with the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell
15. Native Son, by Richard Wright
16. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, by Ken Kesey
17. Slaughterhouse-Five, by Kurt Vonnegut
18. For Whom the Bell Tolls, by Ernest Hemingway
19. The Call of the Wild, by Jack London
20. Go Tell it on the Mountain, by James Baldwin
21. All the King's Men, by Robert Penn Warren
22. The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien

23. The Jungle, by Upton Sinclair
24. Lady Chatterley's Lover, by D.H. Lawrence
25. A Clockwork Orange, by Anthony Burgess
26. The Awakening, by Kate Chopin
27. In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote
28. The Satanic Verses, by Salman Rushdie
29. Sophie's Choice, by William Styron
30. Sons and Lovers, by D.H. Lawrence
31. Cat's Cradle, by Kurt Vonnegut

32. A Separate Peace, by John Knowles
33. Naked Lunch, by William S. Burroughs
34. Brideshead Revisited, by Evelyn Waugh

35. Women in Love, by D.H. Lawrence
36. The Naked and the Dead, by Norman Mailer

37. Tropic of Cancer, by Henry Miller
38. An American Tragedy, by Theodore Dreiser
39. Rabbit, Run, by John Updike
40.  I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou
41. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky

42. Fallen Angels, by Walter Dean Myers
43. It’s Perfectly Normal, by Robie Harris
44. The Giver, by Lois Lowry
 45. What My Mother Doesn’t Know, by Sonya Sones

46. Bless Me, Ultima, by Rudolfo Anaya
47. Snow Falling on Cedars, by David Guterson
48. My Brother Sam Is Dead, by James Lincoln Collier

49. Bridge To Terabithia, by Katherine Paterson- Finished 04-29-14
50. Harry Potter (series), by J.K. Rowling - Finished Feb 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment